Be Part of the Legacy
The Foundation for Community Partnerships, Inc. wants to make your philanthropic giving as effective as possible. We are a public charity serving anyone who shares a common concern for improving the quality of life in the Chesapeake Bay region and beyond.
Individuals, families, businesses and organizations create permanent charitable funds to help our region meet the challenges of changing times. The foundation invests and administers these funds. We then use the distributions to award grants each year to many of the humanitarian, educational and cultural organizations in this remarkable region we call home.
The Foundation for Community Partnerships was designed to provide you with these benefits:
- Your contribution will benefit the community for generations. Through its mission as a community foundation and its ability to securely and effectively manage contributions, the foundation will ensure that the benefits of every contribution will support the community now and for generations to come.
Inspired Events and Cub Scouts present proceeds from the Chesapeake Bay
- Donors choose where to direct their contribution. For maximum flexibility, contributions may be directed towards a specific cause through a designated field or the Foundation Board can direct funds to areas of greatest need, as determined through their strategic plan and community needs assessment.
- Our low overhead cost allows for maximum funds to reach the community. The Foundation for Community Partnerships builds on the work of the already successful Community Partnerships for Children, an organization that determines community priorities and needs, awards grants, and oversees contracts. By utilizing the infrastructure of an already established organization, overhead costs will be low, resulting in maximum benefits directed to those who need them.
- A sound investment is ensured. The grant recipients who receive awards from the Foundation will enter into an original and supportive relationship. Foundation staff will provide grant support and oversight to ensure that funds are being used in the most efficient manner.
- The sponsor/donor receives follow-up information. Contributors to the foundation will receive regular reports informing them where their funds have been directed, the progress of the organization receiving the grant, and a description of the activities that occurred as a result of their contribution.